Second Concerted Action for the Energy Efficiency Directive (CA-EED II)
European Commission, Programme Horizon 2020
26 May 2017 – 14 April 2021
AEA, Austria; Flemish Energy Agency, Belgium; SEDA, Bulgaria; Ministry of Economy, Croatia; MCIT, Cyprus; ENS, Denmark; MKM, Estonia; Motiva Oy, Finland; ADEME, France; BMWI, Germany; CRES, Greece; MEKH, Hungary; DCCAE, Ireland; ENEA, Italy; Ministry of Economics, Latvia; Ministry of Energy, Lithuania; Ministry of Economy, Luxembourg; Sustainable Energy and Water Conservation Unit, Malta; RVO, Netherlands; OED, Norway; KAPE, Poland; DGEG, Portugal; ANRE, Romania; Ministry of Economy, Slovakia; Ministry of Infrastructure, Slovenia; IDAE, Spain; STEM, Sweden; Energy Saving Trust, UK. BSERC is sub-contracted by SEDA
In Spring 2017, the second grant agreement for the Concerted Action of the Energy Efficiency Directive was launched. It builds upon the work of the first Concerted Actions (CA ESD/EED).
The objectives of this action are:
- To enhance and structure the sharing of information and experiences from national implementation whilst promoting good practice concepts in activities to improve and strengthen Member State implementation of the EED.
- To encourage dialogue between Member States on common approaches for the effective implementation of particular parts of the EED.
- To complement the work of the EED Committee assisting the European Commission.
The work of the CA EED is structured around the following fourteen expert areas which reflect the EED:
- Energy efficiency schemes and measures: planning, monitoring and verification and savings calculations
- Public buildings
- Public purchasing
- Long term building renovation strategy
- Metering and billing and billing information
- Demand side resources
- Grid efficiency and transformation efficiency
- Energy services and ESCOs
- Energy audits and management systems
- Certification of energy services, training and certification of energy auditors and energy managers
- Efficiency in Energy Supply, high efficiency CHP and heating/cooling
- Energy efficiency obligation schemes and alternative measures
- Information and training